My Go-To Sugar-Free, Grain-Free Granola & Yogurt Bowl Recipe


About a month ago I eliminated grains & sugar from my diet due to some significant digestion issues that I had been stubbournly ignoring. I've had some hiccups & special events along the way, but the changes in the way my body has felt overall throughout the last handful of weeks have been amazing! I feel lighter, brighter, less foggy & more energetic!


In making the switch, I decided to replace grains & sugar with more vibrant, nutrient-rich foods. Instead of a traditional bun for my veggie burger, I've been cooking up delicious sweet potato buns! I've been eating lots of beet kraut + pickled treats for a boost of flavor on salads & making a delicious yogurt bowl every morning for breakfast.


I've shared my yogurt & granola bowl many times on Instagram, but I've yet to share the full recipe. There are so many ways to mix it up, but here are the basics:

Natalie's Go-To Yogurt Bowl
1/2 - 1 cup plain greek yogurt 
1/2 chopped banana
1/2 cup fresh fruit of your choice 
2 teaspoons raw, creamy almond butter
2 teaspoons grain-free, sugar-free granola (My go-to is Wildway granola from Whole Foods Market)
Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes

Spoon plain greek yogurt into bowl. Layer bananas & fruit of choice on top of yogurt. I love adding blueberries, pomegranate seeds, raspberries & strawberries (April 4th - 10th, you can grab two cartons of organic, seasonal strawberries grown without toxic or persistent pesticides for just $7 from Whole Foods Market! Yes!) Next, drizzle creamy almond butter on top. Finally, add granola & a sprinkle of coconut flakes!


One simple addition to my yogurt bowl that I've been loving lately is my homemade, sugar-free strawberry sauce! It's so wonderful to have this sauce on hand when the berries are plentiful & on sale - pour a little on top of your yogurt bowl or mix in balsamic vinegar as a tasty dressing for my favorite spring dinner - strawberry & chicken salads!

Simple Strawberry Sauce
1 quart organic strawberries, tops cut off & chopped
teaspoon local honey (optional)
1 teaspoon water

Add all ingredients to a small saucepan on the stovetop. Heat over medium high heat until sauce begins to bubble. Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash your strawberries as they bubble. Once the consistency is thick & to your liking, remove from stovetop & allow to cool. Place in a small jar & refrigerate. Add to your favorite spring dishes for a boost of flavor! Lasts about 3 weeks.


What recipes are you enjoying this spring? Have you been making any switches in your food journey? Please do let me know if you make my yogurt bowl & strawberry sauce! 

love,
natalie

1 comment:

Sheila said...

You can stir in some Chia seeds with your strawberries and it will give you a thickening without having to cook down the juice

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips